Pages

Monday, April 30, 2012

GUIDE ME!

GUIDE ME!


Ps 31:3
3 For thou art my rock and my fortress; therefore for thy name's sake lead me, and guide me.

Believers sense the need of guidance from God. Since our conversion we have a connection with the invisible world. There is a silent, unseen partner who both urges us on and restrains our movements. Our rest is often interrupted by a strong urge to move along and our hectic activity is sometimes brought to an abrupt halt by circumstance and a sense of caution. This is guidance and this is what we need.

Solomon would soon be king instead of his father David and he felt a strong need of guidance. He felt ill-equipped to lead and he appealed to his Leader.

1 Kings 3:7-10
7 And now, O LORD my God, thou hast made thy servant king instead of David my father: and I am but a little child: I know not how to go out or come in.
8 And thy servant is in the midst of thy people which thou hast chosen, a great people, that cannot be numbered nor counted for multitude.
9 Give therefore thy servant an understanding heart to judge thy people, that I may discern between good and bad: for who is able to judge this thy so great a people?
10 And the speech pleased the Lord, that Solomon had asked this thing.


I sense a strong need of guidance today, perhaps you do too. In fact there is the sense of God’s movement; that He is preparing me for something I am not yet aware. I need guidance, perhaps you do too.

Isa 30:21
21 And thine ears shall hear a word behind thee, saying, This is the way, walk ye in it, when ye turn to the right hand, and when ye turn to the left.

Dear Lord, I feel a bit lost and disoriented today and I need your direction. I long to hear the rustling of your feet as Adam heard in the garden at evening. Please come by thy Spirit and fellowship with me that I might know your heart and follow your way. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment