Pages

Friday, April 13, 2012

A DAY OF SUPERSTITION!

A DAY OF SUPERSTITION!


Isa 8:13-20
13 Sanctify the Lord  of hosts himself; and let him be your fear, and let him be your dread.
14 And he shall be for a sanctuary; but for a stone of stumbling and for a rock of offence to both the houses of Israel, for a gin and for a snare to the inhabitants of Jerusalem.
15 And many among them shall stumble, and fall, and be broken, and be snared, and be taken.
16 Bind up the testimony, seal the law among my disciples.
17 And I will wait upon the Lord, that hideth his face from the house of Jacob, and I will look for him.
18 Behold, I and the children whom the Lord  hath given me are for signs and for wonders in Israel from the Lord  of hosts, which dwelleth in mount Zion.
19 And when they shall say unto you, Seek unto them that have familiar spirits, and unto wizards that peep, and that mutter: should not a people seek unto their God? for the living to the dead?
20 To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.

          Don’t walk under ladders today. Be careful not to allow a black cat cross your path. Such admonition and superstition has been bundled up and given a full day of attention. Today is Friday the 13th and it seems to be a day of “seeking familiar spirits, and unto wizards that peep an mutter.”

          Isaiah prophesied to both the northern and southern kingdoms of Israel. They rejected his message to follow after demons and darkness. Verse 16 drips with frustration as Isaiah says: “Bind up the testimony” or, to put it another way, “slam the book closed.” Isaiah felt it would be useless to continue preaching to a rebellious and headstrong people. He continues in verse 17 by saying “And (but) I will wait upon the Lord; I will look for Him.” If we can trust our souls to God then we ought to be able to trust Him also for our daily circumstances.

Isa 40:30-31
30 Even the youths shall faint and be weary, and the young men shall utterly fall:
31 But they that wait upon the Lord  shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.

Dear Lord, I turn to you alone for disposition of all my causes. You alone are able to guide me, protect me and to provide for me. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment