Pages

Monday, December 5, 2011

WHITER THAN SNOW!

WHITER THAN SNOW!

Ps 51:7
7 Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean: wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow.

           The first snow of winter now covers the ground outside my window. It is a wonderful surprise and adds a visual illustration of the marvelous grace of God. David had sinned and he prayed for a cleansing and a covering. Gently, like the whisper of falling snow, God blanketed him with grace and forgiveness.

           What lies buried beneath the snow? What was that misshapen that is now a pure white sculpture? What shame and filth lies beneath? Do not uncover it. Let is snow even more and never let it be revealed again. The invitation to cleansing is for all. Talk it over with the Lord. Let Him see all the ugliness in your life and then let Him cover it with His grace.

Isa 1:18
18 Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.

Dear Lord, I am thankful that all my ugliness is covered by your love, mercy and grace. I have been made white as snow. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment