Pages

Sunday, February 27, 2011

WOUNDED BY FRIENDS!

WOUNDED BY FRIENDS!

Zech 13:6 KJV
6 And one shall say unto him, What are these wounds in thine hands? Then he shall answer, Those with which I was wounded in the house of my friends.

          Zechariah prophetically commented upon the spike scars in the hands of Messiah. Like a child crawling into the lap of a father or grandfather and examining his rough hands he asks: “how did you get those scars?” Jesus answers that it happened in the house of his friends. That is hard for me to hear and to receive because friends should not wound one another. Another prophet helps us to understand.

Isa 53:4-5 KJV
4 Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.
5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

          He has always been my friend but I have not always been his friend. The wounds happened when I was lost and estranged from him. One hand held the spike and the other the hammer. In my foolishness I nailed him and in His friendship he took away my transgressions. In my anger and frustration I whipped him and in His friendship He healed all my diseases. I wept till I could not see and he bore my grief and carried my sorrow. I cast upon Him all my distraught disapproval and he gave me His peace.

          Like a little child I am now able to crawl up into His lap and say “Abba, Father, do those scars still hurt?” In my own childlike way, I know I put them there. I am overcome by remorse but He smiles and draws me close and says: “Hush, child, for those scars made you my own.”

Sweet Jesus, I am so sorry for your scars. Thank you for adopting me. I don’t want to hurt you anymore. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment