Pages

Friday, February 25, 2011

THE CALL IS TO ALL!

THE CALL IS TO ALL!

Rom 10:12-15 KJV
12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.
13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?
15 And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!

          Our annual Mission Conference is only a few days away and I find myself telling the Lord the same thing I have told Him for many years. “I am available!” If God wants me on the mission field I am willing to go. In fact there are a couple of fields to which I would quickly go but God will not release me from my present calling.

          Here Paul argues the case for missions. First, he says that there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek. In the thinking of Paul’s audience there were Jews and then everyone else. We sort the masses in even smaller segments. We see all the differences of color and continent but Paul says the same Lord is rich unto all that call upon him.

          When Paul was in Greece he discovered a very religious people who worshipped multiple deities including one they simply called “The Unknown God.” Paul argues from result to cause! Belief is essential before calling upon the Lord but first the message must be presented and heard (Romans 10:17).

          Logically, Paul says they can’t hear without a preacher and there can be no preacher unless he is sent. We can go even further and say that there can be no sending unless there is a sending authority and agency providing prayer, resources and support.

          Are you involved in missionary work? Are you available for going and telling? Are you passionate in praying for those who actually go? Are you willing to buy shares in the souls of men?

Dear Lord, as Isaiah said long ago, “Here am I, send me!” AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment