Pages

Sunday, October 16, 2022

THE NEED FOR PATIENCE

 

Sunday, October 16, 2022

 

THE NEED FOR PATIENCE

 

Heb 10:35-37

35 Cast not away therefore your confidence, which hath great recompence of reward.

36 For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise.

37 For yet a little while, and he that shall come will come, and will not tarry.

 

          The readers of Hebrews had endured much difficulty for a very long time. Verse 33 mentioned that they had been made a “gazingstock.” This is the Greek word theatrizo. Do you see the word theater there? They had been burdened by and were in anguish due to their persecutions, but they never abandoned their friends.

 

          Ah! Patience! How little of it we seem to find when we need it most. You do know, don’t you, that God sees you and your circumstance? Do you suppose He doesn’t care? No, we know that He cares. When will He intervene? We think we have a plan that might help God, so we submit that plan in prayer and ask for his stamp of approval. But it is not HIS plan. So, we fret impatiently on an invisible and inaudible God to find and place all the pieces of the puzzle.

 

Does Jesus Care by Frank E. Graeff

 

Does Jesus care when my heart is pained

Too deeply for mirth or song,

As the burdens press, and the cares distress,

And the way grows weary and long?

 

Oh, yes, He cares, I know He cares,

His heart is touched with my grief;

When the days are weary, the long nights dreary,

I know my Savior cares.

 

Dear Lord, I know with my mind that you will solve all my problems in time. I’ve read the end of the story! But I have just enough insight to make me want to rush ahead. Let me rest in your control when things seem out of control. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment