Pages

Monday, October 3, 2022

IS THY HEART RIGHT WITH GOD

 

Monday, October 3, 2022

 

IS THY HEART RIGHT WITH GOD

 

Acts 8:19-22

19 Saying, Give me also this power, that on whomsoever I lay hands, he may receive the Holy Ghost.

20 But Peter said unto him, Thy money perish with thee, because thou hast thought that the gift of God may be purchased with money.

21 Thou hast neither part nor lot in this matter: for thy heart is not right in the sight of God.

22 Repent therefore of this thy wickedness, and pray God, if perhaps the thought of thine heart may be forgiven thee.

 

1 John 3:20-21

20 For if our heart condemn us, God is greater than our heart, and knoweth all things.

21 Beloved, if our heart condemn us not, then have we confidence toward God.

 

          Whenever there is turmoil in our lives, we should check our heart. Some of us would instantly condemn (find fault with) ourselves because that is our temperament. Others would immediately condemn (find fault with) others for the same reason. A few might suspect a more sinister cause.

 

          If, after a thorough inspection, we find that we have pure motives, wear no mask of deceit, and have no guilt in the matter, then we can confidently present ourselves and our case to God.

 

          There is always a possibility of self-deceit (See First John 1:8-10). That is when we ask God to perform a system check as we see in Psalm 139:23-24. “Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts: And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.”

 

Master of my heart, search me and see if there be any wicked way in me. Satan is the accuser of the brethren. Let me not agree with him. Guide my steps today. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment