Pages

Saturday, January 9, 2021

SEASONING NOT SPICE!

 

Saturday, January 9, 2021

 

SEASONING NOT SPICE!

 

Col 4:5-6

5 Walk in wisdom toward them that are without, redeeming the time.

6 Let your speech be alway with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man.

 

           Believers are different. They have been made different by the sacrifice of One who is perfect. It is that perfection for which we strive even though we know we shall never attain it on our own! That is where grace is needed. We develop a calmness of spirit and a temperate tone that comes from our association with Jesus. The following verse gives us a pattern of behavior.

 

1 Peter 2:21-22

21 For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps:

22 Who did no sin, neither was guile [craft or deceit] found in his mouth: KJV

 

           Our personality should reflect our redeemed condition. We should need no bracelets, T-shirts, or tattoos to tell the world of that difference. This is especially important regarding our relationship with those who are “without.” Those who are earthlings should recognize that we are strangers and pilgrims on this earth and that our citizenship is in heaven.

 

           Our speech should be salted with grace. “Let your speech at all times be gracious (pleasant and winsome), Col 4:6 AMP

 

Ps 39:1

39 I said, I will take heed to my ways, that I sin not with my tongue: I will keep my mouth with a bridle, while the wicked is before me.

 

Dear Lord, restrain my lips from hasty and angry words. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment