Pages

Saturday, August 19, 2017

BETWEEN A ROCK AND A HARD PLACE



BETWEEN A ROCK AND A HARD PLACE!

2 Sam 22:7
7 In my distress I called upon the Lord, and cried to my God: and he did hear my voice out of his temple, and my cry did enter into his ears.

           The word “distress” here is the Hebrew word tsar and it means “narrow or tight.” It also means “a pebble” or small in comparison to a rock. David and his band of about 400 men [a pebble] were chased by King Saul [a rock in comparison] for about ten years before David became king. So very many times, David found himself in a narrow or tight place.

           The first time God is referred to as “a Rock” is in Genesis 49 and is often used in the Song of Moses in Deuteronomy 32. A rock conjures up thoughts of strength and stability. A rock does not blow away with the wind like the sand or dust. It is permanent and dependable. The idea of a rock is often used to describe a fortress as well. All these are appropriate descriptions of our unchanging God.

           Maybe today you find yourself between a rock and a hard place. We’ve all been there. Let me suggest you flee to the Rock, Jesus Christ. Take refuge in His strength. Then your distress will seem like only a pebble.

Ps 61:2-3
2 From the end of the earth will I cry unto thee, when my heart is overwhelmed: lead me to the rock that is higher than I.
3 For thou hast been a shelter for me, and a strong tower from the enemy.

Dear Lord, our nation is in great distress. Many are distressed by personal challenges and adverse circumstances. Let us flee to the Rock. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment