Pages

Thursday, December 8, 2016

AIMING TO PLEASE



AIMING TO PLEASE!

2 Tim 2:4
4 No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Col 1:10
10 That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God;

Heb 11:5
5 By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God.

           There is a short list of people whom I seek to please. I seek to please my wife. She is the love of my life and an unimaginable gift granted to me by God. “So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife loveth himself. For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even as the Lord the church.” Eph 5:28-29

           I seek to please my daughter. She is the fruit of my love for my wife. She looks to me for leadership and guidance even though she is now a wife and mother. She leans on me for stability and I have determined to be strong enough that she can confidently lean.

           I seek to please my Lord. He loved me when I was unlovable and He loves me still in spite of my numerous imperfections. He guides me with His counsel and afterwards will receive me to glory (Psalm 73:24). It matters to me what He thinks of me.

           There are others that matter to me as well but Jesus warned us in Luke 6:26 saying “Woe unto you, when all men shall speak well of you! for so did their fathers to the false prophets.” You will be frustrated if you constantly trying to please certain people. It is a trap!

Dear Lord, today help me to walk worthy of you pleasing you well. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment