Pages

Wednesday, November 23, 2016

HE KNOWS MY PATH



HE KNOWS MY PATH!

Ps 139:2-3
2 Thou knowest my downsitting and mine uprising, thou understandest my thought afar off.
3 Thou compassest my path and my lying down, and art acquainted with all my ways.

John 10:27-28
27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

           The Great Shepherd knows His sheep! As an “under-shepherd” the idea of knowing the sheep in my care is a constant thing with me. In morning’s quiet hours I think of them. Most are relatively safe in the cyclical day-to-day life of sheep. Some are sick. Some are grieving. One or two have isolated themselves from the flock while blaming the flock for moving away from them. Each one is on a path that will lead to a destination.

           My path determines my destination. As simple as that sounds, it is true. The shepherd involves himself in the lives of the sheep so that he may guide in the choice of a right path. The sheep do not always understand or appreciate the shepherd’s intrusion into their business. Isaiah said “all we, like sheep, have gone astray.” That describes the condition pretty well.

           Sometimes all that is needed is to provide a light (Palm 119:105). A lamp for the feet and a light for the path reveals whether it is a good path or not. Even sheep, when the path is well lit, can make better choices – unless they are rebels.

Prov 4:26-27
26 Ponder the path of thy feet, and let all thy ways be established.
27 Turn not to the right hand nor to the left: remove thy foot from evil.

Dear Shepherd, guide us with Thy light and make our path straight! AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment