Pages

Wednesday, July 20, 2016

WE ARE WRESTLERS



WE ARE WRESTLERS!

Eph 6:12
12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

           We often think that our enemies are obstinate people or uncooperative circumstances but, for the believer, our real enemy is a spiritual system. This system is highly organized. Dr. Barnes said: “The reference is to the ranks of angels, called here thrones, dominions, etc.”

           The angel hinted at this demonic organization in Dan 10:13 “But the prince of the kingdom of Persia withstood me one and twenty days: but, lo, Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me; and I remained there with the kings of Persia.” We are wrestlers and soldiers in this spiritual conflict whether we choose to be or not! War has been declared upon us and we can only respond by yielding to the evil or wrestling against it.

           We have weapons and armor available to us but we must “put on” this armor. This requires deliberate and conscious action.

Eph 6:11
11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.

Dear Lord, as I wrestle today, let me not forget any of my weapons or armor. Please watch my six! AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment