Pages

Monday, November 16, 2015

THE SOURCE OF INGRATITUDE


THE SOURCE OF INGRATITUDE!



2 Tim 3:1-2

3 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.

2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy …



Luke 6:35

… He is kind unto the unthankful …



           Lying in bed, wide awake when I should be asleep, I listened to the soft whisper of my wife sleeping beside me. What a gift she is from the Almighty! How blessed I am. I begin to do what the old song says to do. I began to count my blessings naming them one by one. Finally I began to think of the sources of ingratitude.



           At the root of all ingratitude is the love of one's own greatness. For genuine gratitude admits that we are beneficiaries of an unearned bequest. We are cripples leaning on the cross-shaped crutch of Jesus Christ. We are paralytics living minute by minute in the iron lung of God's mercy. We are children asleep in heaven’s stroller. John Piper



Rom 1:21

21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.



Dear Lord, let me always remember that I am the beneficiary of your many gifts. Let me never drift into ingratitude. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment