Pages

Tuesday, June 2, 2015

NOT WRONG JUST DIFFERENT!


NOT WRONG JUST DIFFERENT!


Prov 13:10
10 Only by pride cometh contention: but with the well advised is wisdom.


          I’ve been in England for only one full day but it is very different from my home. Not wrong, just different! The drive on the left side of the road which is very scary for those of us accustomed to driving on the right side of the road. I was a front seat passenger which made me feel as if someone had stolen the steering wheel and pedals. Very strange. Not wrong, Just different.


          I am very aware that I am spoiled! My home is huge by comparison because everything “over here” seems cozy and a bit squeezed. This is not wrong, just different. It is humbling to be shown that I live opulently when I thought I lived modestly. It is a reminder that I am very blessed.


          I am reminded that pride is thinking that everything must be evaluated through my own personal perspective. The idea that the way I do things is right and that anything that is different must be, therefore, wrong. There is enormous pride in that.


1 John 2:16
16 For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.


Dear Father, thank you for showing me another perspective and for challenging my pride. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment