Pages

Saturday, June 20, 2015

MORE THAN FAMILY!


MORE THAN FAMILY!   


Matt 10:34-37
34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.
35 For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.
36 And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.
37 He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.


          Tomorrow is Father’s Day and I wonder how many homes can be described the way Jesus described the family in the above Scripture. Disagreement and variance, pride and rebellion, anger and violence describe all too many homes these days.

We live in a most uncomfortable time! We endure political paranoia, governmental overreach, religious confusion and personal danger. Every man has his agenda and is willing to destroy all who oppose it

          Sin is the root cause of domestic violence. The cause of much trouble is, strangely, the Prince of Peace. When opinions about Jesus and His righteous way are divided, the result is contention and strife. Jesus indicated that His followers may be called upon to choose between love of God or love of family.

Dear Father, bless our Christian families with peace and harmony. Minister to those individual believers who are locked in conflict with unbelieving family members. Grant them peace inside. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment