Pages

Friday, September 12, 2014

HOW TO BE SAVED!


HOW TO BE SAVED!


Rom 10:8-9
we preach;
9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.


          Salvation is available to all and is offered without qualification or distinction. Anybody may be saved! "for whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved" (v. 13). No man can say that he must remain lost because he is not chosen. No man can accuse God of playing favorites because “there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek.” The sacrifice of Christ is sufficient for all.

          It all begins with confession which is agreeing with God that we are sinful. If we look around and compare ourselves with others we are sure to find others worse than we. However, salvation begins by acknowledging our sin before a holy God. We must agree with God regarding the awfulness of our sin and then say so! A sample might be: “Lord, I know that I am a sinner and that I can’t save myself nor make myself better.”

          Salvation is a response to a request. Once we acknowledge our sin the next step is to request forgiveness. Just ask! “Dear Lord, please forgive me of my sins and save me!” Remember, “whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord, shall be saved.” God responds to this sincere request by faithfully keeping His promise. The petitioner is saved and given a new spiritual birth. John 3:3 says: “Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.”

          A relationship is established and daily maintenance begins as we continually confess our sins. Our faith and confession is an accomplished fact, which makes us continuing believers. 1 John 1:9 promises us that:If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.” Literally, He keeps on cleansing us!

          Lack of surrender keeps a man lost! C. S. Lewis said: I would pay any price to be able to say truthfully, "All will be saved." But my reason retorts, "Without their will, or with it?" If I say, "Without their will," I at once perceive a contradiction; how can the supreme voluntary act of self-surrender be involuntary? If I say, "With their will," my reason replies, "How if they will not give in?"

Dear Lord, make the gospel clear to searching hearts today. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment