Pages

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

AS ORIGINALLY WRITTEN!


AS ORIGINALLY WRITTEN!


Rev 22:19
19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

Luke 11:52
52 Woe unto you, lawyers! for ye have taken away the key of knowledge: ye entered not in yourselves, and them that were entering in ye hindered.


Our nation’s Supreme Court is entrusted with the interpretation of the Constitution. The issue at hand is whether the constitution is a static or a fluid document. If it is static then the Constitution, as originally written, says what it means and means what it says. If it is a fluid document and open to interpretation based upon current customs of the day then its meaning may change with the times. Laws have been confirmed or reversed based upon how the Court interprets this document.

I think it is more than interesting that the same argument currently rages with the translating and interpreting of The Bible. If The Bible means what it says then we are bound to follow its guidance and obey its commands. If it is a fluid document and is subject to interpretation by the reader then it may mean whatever the reader decides it means.

It is a curious parallel that is drawn. If the law is a fluid document than a stop sign may not actually mean that you should stop. I think the sign is an extension of the law. It means what it says and if you do not stop at that sign then you have broken the law. Listen to what Jesus said in the following portion of Scripture.

Matt 5:17-18
17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

The real issue is conformity. If the law and the Bible are static documents then I am bound to conform to them. If they are fluid documents then I may cause them to conform to my wishes and ideas. I have then become the law over the law and I have become the authority over the Bible. This seems upside down to me. The effect and the aim are to remove the consequences of the law.

Ps 19:7-9
7 The law of the LORD is perfect, converting the soul: the testimony of the LORD is sure, making wise the simple.
8 The statutes of the LORD are right, rejoicing the heart: the commandment of the LORD is pure, enlightening the eyes.
9 The fear of the LORD is clean, enduring for ever: the judgments of the LORD are true and righteous altogether.

Dear Lord, I want to be in compliance with your law. Give me understanding that I might not be an offense to Thee. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment