Pages

Saturday, November 17, 2012

ABOUT YOUR APPOINTMENT!


ABOUT YOUR APPOINTMENT!


Heb 9:27
27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment: 

Job 23:11-15
11 My foot hath held his steps, his way have I kept, and not declined.
12 Neither have I gone back from the commandment of his lips; I have esteemed the words of his mouth more than my necessary food.
13 But he is in one mind, and who can turn him? and what his soul desireth, even that he doeth.
14 For he performeth the thing that is appointed for me: and many such things are with him.
15 Therefore am I troubled at his presence: when I consider, I am afraid of him.


          Although Job carefully stepped in the footprints of God and did not “decline” or to bend away from the path, yet he feared his appointment with God. The thought startled him, which is the meaning of the word “afraid” in verse 15. The reason is that God does what he wants to do and none can dissuade Him.

          After forty-one years in ministry, I am amazed at how casually some Christians live their lives. They plan, scheme and manipulate to get their own way or to add one more feather to their already plush nest. This they do with little regard to those they may hurt along the way. Certainly they are not thinking about their appointment with God.

          Ours is such a cocksure culture that few things cause them much alarm but the thought of a face-to-face with the God of the universe should give everyone a reason for pause. This is the God who not only knows what you did but why you did it! He not only judges actions but motives as well. There is no hiding place so secret that He does not invade and observe. It may be worse than an apprentice facing an evaluation from Donald Trump!

Isa 45:23
23 I have sworn by myself, the word is gone out of my mouth in righteousness, and shall not return, That unto me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear.

2 Cor 5:10
10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.

Dear Lord, thank you for the judgment of the cross where my sins were punished upon your shoulders. I may now face my appointment with confidence and not fear because you have already taken every stripe meant for me. Thank you for Calvary! AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment