Pages

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

LOVING EACH OTHER!


LOVING EACH OTHER!


Rom 12:10
10 Be kindly affectioned one to another with brotherly love; in honour preferring one another;

Eph 4:30-32
30 And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.
31 Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice:
32 And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.

1 Cor 12:25-27
25 That there should be no schism in the body; but that the members should have the same care one for another.
26 And whether one member suffer, all the members suffer with it; or one member be honoured, all the members rejoice with it.
27 Now ye are the body of Christ, and members in particular.


          Yesterday I was chatting with a preacher with whom I had most recently disagreed. I didn’t like his methodology. He didn’t do things quite the same way that I would do things. I had formed an attitude. Yet he is a brother in Christ and a fellow laborer in our common struggle for right and against wrong.

          Now this brother is in a bit of a jam. The fortunes of life and the will of God has dealt him a troublesome hand. There is nothing like a little adversity to fade the “S” from our Superman cape and send us running into the arms of Jesus. I have been there myself many times and fear I may be tested again.

          As we chatted I began to feel his pain, not “politically” but actually. I began to care. Suddenly I began to see this brother in a different light. I wanted to alleviate his suffering. I wanted to help and to make a difference. I had discovered that buried deep inside me was an emotion called love and it had nothing to do with whether or not we agreed on every issue. I prayed myself to sleep regarding this man and his family. This morning that tender emotion is stronger than ever and I am glad for it.

Do you see how essential it is to love? It is the mark of the true believer and the strongest witness against the unbeliever. It is the greatest apologetic; convincing where other arguments fail.He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love” (1 John 4:8).

1 Peter 1:22
22 Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently:

Dear Lord, thank you for the love I have for others. It convinces me that I am still alive inside. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment