Pages

Monday, March 7, 2011

SNOWFLAKES AND HAILSTONES!

SNOWFLAKES AND HAILSTONES!

Job 38:22 KJV
22 Hast thou entered into the treasures of the snow? Or hast thou seen the treasures of the hail,

          Those who know such things say that a single snowflake is unlike any other. No two are alike. People are like that. Even twins often have discernable differences to the careful eye. I am unique and so are you. Like the snowflake we may not seem so significant when alone but when gathered with others we can become a coverlet for all the ugliness of the world. Snow, when it is falling, brings almost a universal joy. Snow cleans the air through which it falls and nourishes the earth upon which it rests.

          I am also told that a single snowflake is formed when moisture freezes around a single speck of dust. All its loveliness has a core of dirt. I am reminded that whatever I may become I am still a sinner at heart. God in His own marvelous way has made something soft and lovely of me.

          Hailstones are formed when drops of water are caught in swirling, freezing winds. Raindrops fall and are caught by an updraft where it freezes falling again, gathering moisture, and is swirled upward to refreeze over and over until it becomes heavy enough to be hurled to earth. Hailstones are almost never received with the same welcome as the snow. Hailstones are always destructive.

          I want to be like the snowflake, though my core is only dirt, covered and made beautiful by God’s grace. I want to join with others like me to make a difference in an ugly world.

Ps 51:7 KJV
7 Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean: wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow.

Dear Lord, thank you for washing me white as snow. Let my life both clean and beautify an ugly world. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment