Pages

Sunday, March 6, 2011

DRIFTING INTO MEDIOCRITY!

DRIFTING INTO MEDIOCRITY!

Ps 71:15-18 KJV
15 My mouth shall shew forth thy righteousness and thy salvation all the day; for I know not the numbers thereof.
16 I will go in the strength of the Lord GOD: I will make mention of thy righteousness, even of thine only.
17 O God, thou hast taught me from my youth: and hitherto have I declared thy wondrous works.
18 Now also when I am old and grayheaded, O God, forsake me not; until I have shewed thy strength unto this generation, and thy power to every one that is to come.

Rom 12:11 KJV
11 [Be] Not slothful in business; fervent in spirit; serving the Lord;


          David felt the sluggish approach of elder years when the body resents the exploits of the mind and refuses to go the full mile promised. In verse 15 he promises to work “all the day” because he could not be sure how many days remained! In verse 16 he knew that he must “go” in the strength of the Lord. He knew that he could no longer run his mile without God’s help.

          David reviews a long life in relationship with and in service to the Lord. Didn’t he stand against Goliath with only a sling and stones? Didn’t he forge a kingdom while on the run from the king? Didn’t he ache to see the house of God built in great splendor? But he was beginning to slow down. He did not want to drift into mediocrity. His exploits may no longer be on a grand scale but he still had dreams. He chased rabbits like a dreaming dog!

          David still had a passion for his generation and for the one to come. Some in his own generation had drifted into mediocrity and he stubbornly refused to do that. The generation coming along burst with unfocused zeal. David begged for power to finish his course.

 When We All Get To Heaven
Let us then be true and faithful,
Trusting, serving every day;
Just one glimpse of Him in glory
Will the toils of life repay.

Dear Lord, let me not drift into mediocrity even as the years roll on. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment