Pages

Thursday, January 24, 2019

FLEXIBILITY!


Thursday, January 24, 2019

FLEXIBILITY!

Phil 4:12-13
12 I know both how to be abased, and I know how to abound: every where and in all things I am instructed both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need.
13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

           Often our circumstances require us to be flexible. Our goal is the ideal situation but that seldom occurs. Paul said that he had been “instructed” by varying circumstances how to be both hungry and full. In the process he had also learned, in verse 11, to be content.

           I must admit that I have a problem with contentment. I’m working on it but I’m not there yet. I’m by nature and calling a fixer! I try to improve things and to resolve conflicts. It means I am seldom comfortable.

           I have learned, like Paul, that the answer to troublesome situations is beyond and outside of me. He had learned that he could either do or endure all things but only through the strength that Christ provided.

           It is easy to choose when you only have one choice. Often I ask God to limit my choices in this manner. I’m not always happy with the result but I know I would be less happy with a wrong choice.

Pardon for sin
And a peace that endureth
Thine own dear presence to cheer
And to guide
Strength for today
and bright hope for tomorrow

Blessings all mine, with ten thousand beside

Dear Lord, help me to be both flexible and content today. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment