Pages

Friday, March 5, 2021

THE IMPORTANCE OF FACE-TO-FACE!

 

Friday, March 5, 2021

 

THE IMPORTANCE OF FACE-TO-FACE!

 

2 John 12

12 Having many things to write unto you, I would not write with paper and ink: but I trust to come unto you, and speak face to face, that our joy may be full.

 

           John The Beloved repeats his hope in 3 John 14. He did not have “Facetime” or “Zoom.” Letters could take so long to arrive that the situation might change before the script arrived. He wanted to see their faces and talk to them personally.

 

           We can find the word “face” 416 times in the Authorized Version. When we get to the Revelation, we are anxious to see Jesus’ face. Our face is what makes us individuals. If, like myself, you are a bit hard of hearing, the face helps to communicate. If we do not correctly receive the message, we do not correctly respond.

 

           Emotionally, the face is important in all relationships. It is why we attend family reunions. It is why we hate our driver’s license mug shot! We call some people ugly although none are and some we call pretty or handsome although that won’t remain. Our face tells so much of the story!

 

           Is there a face you have been missing lately? Make plans to reconnect and share some face time.

 

Rom 1:9-11

9 For God is my witness, whom I serve with my spirit in the gospel of his Son, that without ceasing I make mention of you always in my prayers;

10 Making request, if by any means now at length I might have a prosperous journey by the will of God to come unto you.

11 For I long to see you, that I may impart unto you some spiritual gift, to the end ye may be established;

 

Dear Lord, I long for the day I may see you face-to-face. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment