Pages

Saturday, April 22, 2017

JUST BETWEEN US



JUST BETWEEN US!

Neh 2:11-13
11 So I came to Jerusalem, and was there three days.
12 And I arose in the night, I and some few men with me; neither told I any man what my God had put in my heart to do at Jerusalem: neither was there any beast with me, save the beast that I rode upon.
13 And I went out by night by the gate of the valley, even before the dragon well, and to the dung port, and viewed the walls of Jerusalem, which were broken down, and the gates thereof were consumed with fire.

           Has God laid something on your heart? Is it potentially controversial? Do you have all the facts necessary to proceed? Is it important – potentially life changing? Then you might want to keep it between yourself and God – and a few (very few) trusted friends until the time is right to act. That is what Nehemiah did.

           The situation caused him concern. He had heard of the sad condition of Israel, his homeland. His concern was noticed by the king. The longer he thought about it the more he felt it was his responsibility to do something to change it.

           The King had promised all the resources needed to accomplish the task. Our King, King Jesus, has promised us the same. However some things needed to happen before the work could proceed.

           Nehemiah identified the opposition. He knew who would be fighting against him. It is important to know this because most worthwhile ventures have opposition. Be aware!

           Nehemiah kept things to himself at first. Only a few trusted friends – perhaps prayer partners – should be included in your circle. Even with all the promised resources, Nehemiah needed to know exactly what to do and how to do it. He made a survey trip around the walls. (Nehemiah 2:15-16)

           Finally, Nehemiah shared both his burden and his vision in Nehemiah 2:17,18. He made them to SEE what they should have already seen. Moreover, he challenged them to DO what they should have already been doing!

Neh 2:18
18 Then I told them of the hand of my God which was good upon me; as also the king's words that he had spoken unto me. And they said, Let us rise up and build.

Dear Lord, thank you for showing me the walls. Let me see clearly what I should have already been seeing. Help me to do what I should have already been doing. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment