Pages

Thursday, June 23, 2016

TAP TO SNOOZE



TAP TO SNOOZE!

Prov 24:33-34
33 Yet a little sleep, a little slumber, a little folding of the hands to sleep:
34 So shall thy poverty come as one that travelleth; and thy want as an armed man.

           My cell phone has replaced my alarm clock. It has also replaced my camera, but that is another topic! The phone actually has a snooze button – well, not so much a button, but a feature that allows you to tap the touch screen to catch a few more minutes of sleep before the alarm sounds again. I rarely use it but when I do I use it more than once because I’m tired.

           Sleep is a beneficial gift of God but in the Bible, sleep can often be a reference to our desire to begin a difficult day or to avoid certain responsibilities. This is what Solomon refers to in today’s text. A difficult task does not become less difficult just because we tap to snooze!

           Like a woman in labor to deliver, the baby will come and will not be delayed. Like an armed intruder, poverty comes by slow and stealthy steps unless we rise to defeat it.

Rom 13:11
11 And that, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep: for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed.

Work, for the night is coming,
Work through the sunny noon;
Fill brightest hours with labor,
Rest comes sure and soon.
Give every flying minute,
Something to keep in store;
Work, for the night is coming,
When man works no more.

Dear Lord, although weary, let me labor in Thy strength today. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment