Pages

Monday, March 9, 2015

TODAY IS A SPECIAL DAY!


TODAY IS A SPECIAL DAY!


Prov 17:6
6 Children's children are the crown of old men; and the glory of children are their fathers.


          More years ago than I like to remember, my daughter was born on a snowy night in Springfield, Missouri. Her mother was, and still is, beautiful and she inherited those good looks. Was that really 45 years ago? The memories are just as young, fresh and full of hope as we were then. We were naïve and inexperienced at life but were anxious to live it fully. Now we would be a Daddy and Mommy. Old fashioned diapers – cloth ones – and old fashioned bottles made of glass filled our days. There would be midnight runs to the corner store to replace the lost favorite pacifier because the other six or so would just not do. All this and more I did and would do again.

          Now she is a grown woman with two children of her own. One is in college and the other one will be before we know it. They are smart and beautiful just like their mother. Their father is wise and kind. He is just what I prayed for so many years ago. I’m proud of him.

          I don’t suppose there are any great theological aspects to this morning’s verse. It simply says what every grandpa knows. Children’s children are the crown of old men. It makes being an old man worth the aging.

Dear Lord, remind me again and again of the great treasure I have in my child and grandchildren. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment