Pages

Sunday, December 7, 2014

ITS EMBARRASING!


ITS EMBARRASING!


Ps 40:4-5
4 Blessed is that man that maketh the Lord  his trust, and respecteth not the proud, nor such as turn aside to lies.
5 Many, O Lord  my God, are thy wonderful works which thou hast done, and thy thoughts which are to us-ward: they cannot be reckoned up in order unto thee: if I would declare and speak of them, they are more than can be numbered.


          David seems overwhelmed by the goodness of God! He had waited patiently for God to rescue him and was not disappointed. God heard his cry and brought him up out of an horrible pit. He set David’s feet on a solid rock and clarified his purpose. In another place, David asks: “ What is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him? (Ps 8:4) The word “visitest” is a word that means: “to oversee or to care for.” The kindness and care David received was just embarrassing.

          So many and so varied were the kindnesses of God that they could not be “arrayed in order.” That is the meaning of the phrase “they cannot be reckoned up in order.” It would be like trying to put sand back into a broken hour glass! It was just embarrassing!

          I think David was a giver; it was his nature. Givers are often uncomfortable as receivers! Count the stars if you are able. Measure the sands of the sea. It would be just as futile to recall all the good things God has done. When showered with gifts, givers are embarrassed.


Ps 116:12-14
12 What shall I render unto the Lord  for all his benefits toward me?
13 I will take the cup of salvation, and call upon the name of the Lord .
14 I will pay my vows unto the Lord  now in the presence of all his people.


Lord, you have been so good to me that I am embarrassed. Because I can never hope to earn your love or repay your gifts, I am left with only one response. I will simply take the cup of salvation and live a life of prayer and gratitude. Thank you for all your blessings on me. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment