Pages

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

TOO FAST!


TOO FAST!


Job 7:6
6 My days are swifter than a weaver's shuttle, and are spent without hope.

James 4:14
14 Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away.


          The weaver of fabric sent a wooden shuttle swiftly sliding from one side of the frame to the other. The single strand would become part of the whole fabric and at the end would be cut off. Job complained that his life was moving too swiftly to a conclusion.

          I am told that I don’t look as old as my age. I am glad for that because I would not want to look like I some days feel. I believe that I think like a young person – some would say childish. I still like to play with toys and I love to be around other kids. I think a playground with adult-sized equipment and toys would be a wonderful thing!

          A. W. Tozer once said:We can look backward in time until the dim past vanishes, then turn and look into the future until thought and imagination collapse from exhaustion and God is at both points, unaffected by either.”

I expect to fill my book with ink until the well runs dry and the quill’s point is dull. I expect my last chapter will be written by another. Be kind in your writing and let there be continuity in the whole. Let my story be a warning for the careless and a guide for the traveler.


Ps 90:12
12 So teach us to number our days, that we may apply our hearts unto wisdom.


Dear Lord, let me use my days as capital to be spent in Thy service. AMEN
 

No comments:

Post a Comment