Pages

Thursday, April 18, 2013

THE NEED FOR GUIDANCE!


THE NEED FOR GUIDANCE!


Ps 31:1-3
1 In thee, O Lord , do I put my trust; let me never be ashamed: deliver me in thy righteousness.
2 Bow down thine ear to me; deliver me speedily: be thou my strong rock, for an house of defence to save me.
3 For thou art my rock and my fortress; therefore for thy name's sake lead me, and guide me.


The very essence of all Christian life is to walk by faith and not by sight; and  to "trust in the Lord" with all his might! What David was saying was: “since thou ART my rock and my defense-since I put my trust in thee-show, by leading and guiding me, that my trust is well founded.” (from Barnes' Notes.)

“For thy name’s sake!” David asked to be restrained from making foolish decisions based on inaccurate information or improper motives. He did not want to shame the name of the One he so fiercely and publically trusted. There is more at stake, of course, but David acknowledged that this was his primary concern.

The cause is just as great today! Movement without guidance is misdirection. The consequences effect our relationships, our family, our finances and even our health. How we need His guidance today.


Guide Me, O Thou Great Jehovah

Guide me, O Thou great Jehovah,
Pilgrim through this barren land.
I am weak, but Thou art mighty;
Hold me with Thy powerful hand.
Bread of heaven, bread of heaven,
Feed me till I want no more;
Feed me till I want no more.

Open now the crystal fountain,
Whence the healing stream doth flow;
Let the fire and cloudy pillar
Lead me all my journey through.
Strong Deliverer, strong Deliverer,
Be Thou still my Strength and Shield;
Be Thou still my Strength and Shield.

Dear Lord, guide through circumstance and the rustling of thy Spirit’s feet those who need thee today. Let them not wander without aim. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment