Pages

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

WHOLEHEARTEDNESS!


WHOLEHEARTEDNESS!

Ps 119:34
34 Give me understanding, and I shall keep thy law; yea, I shall observe it with my whole heart.

1 Tim 4:14-16
14 Neglect not the gift that is in thee, which was given thee by prophecy, with the laying on of the hands of the presbytery.
15 Meditate upon these things; give thyself wholly to them; that thy profiting may appear to all.
16 Take heed unto thyself, and unto the doctrine; continue in them: for in doing this thou shalt both save thyself, and them that hear thee.


          Our slide into mediocrity has dealt a death blow to excellence! One example of this is in our public schools where letter grades have become obsolete. If we one child earns an A+ it makes the rest of the class feel inferior and we certainly can’t have that so we acknowledge any kind of effort, applaud mediocrity and encourage sloth.

          Unions have helped to destroy merit in the workplace. Raises and rewards are no longer earned by hard work but by stern negotiation. The result is an inferior product that costs more. Thrift and quality no longer dwell together.

          Entitlements have nearly bankrupted our economy. Those who do not contribute have voted themselves innumerable unearned benefits! In checking my own pay stub I have discovered that I pay more in withheld taxes than my father ever earned working overtime!  

          Paul admonished young Timothy to use his spiritual gifts carefully and thoroughly. He said don’t be careless with it, don’t disregard it and don’t make light of it. Give thyself wholly to it! This reminds us Jesus’ admonition regarding the talents in Matthew 25:15-30. “Use it and I will multiply it; hide it and I will take it away from you!”

Dear Lord, today let me be fully employed in Thy work. Let me exhaust every ounce of ability with earnest effort. Let me not loiter at the water fountain of life. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment