Pages

Thursday, March 8, 2012

SCARS OF THE MENTOR!

SCARS OF THE MENTOR!

(This is a “Classic” previously presented)


2 Tim 3:14-15
14 But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them;
15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

Gal 6:16-17
16 And as many as walk according to this rule, peace be on them, and mercy, and upon the Israel of God.
17 From henceforth let no man trouble me: for I bear in my body the marks of the Lord Jesus.


If you are old enough to have a young person ask your advice you may notice that they never ask you how to enjoy the good times! Always they will want to know how to endure the bad times and how to navigate the treacherous waters of life. If you have gone through trouble with no apparent reason perhaps it’s not for you at all. Perhaps it is so you can show your scars to some neophyte. Experience comes from experiences both good and bad. The pain you now feel will heal and leave a scar. You will be able to point to those marks and share the wisdom that came from that painful time.

2 Tim 2:2-3
2 And the things that thou hast heard of me among many witnesses, the same commit thou to faithful men, who shall be able to teach others also.
3 Thou therefore endure hardness, as a good soldier of Jesus Christ.

It is not an accident nor is it a coincidence that “endure hardness” is coupled with “teach others also.” Much of my advice to younger people is: “Don’t respond like I did. There is a better way!”

Someone wrote these lines…

“I walked a mile with pleasure. She chatted all the way.
But left me none the wiser, for all she had to say.
I walked a mile with sorrow and not a word said she.
But oh, the things I learned from her, when sorrow walked with me.”

Dear Lord, when looking for advice let me look for the scars of the mentor. When going through pain let me remember well so that I may teach others also. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment