Thursday, September 17,
2026
SEEDTIME AND HARVEST!
Gen 8:21-22
I will not again curse the
ground any more for man's sake; for the imagination of man's heart is evil from
his youth; neither will I again smite any more every thing living, as I have
done. [by sending a flood]
22 While the earth remaineth,
seedtime and harvest, and cold and heat, and summer and winter, and day and
night shall not cease.
I woke
up this morning
thinking about Fall. I love the browns and oranges of the season. I like the
crispness of the season before it yields to the bitterness of winter. The call
of the crow and the playful giggle of the school yards can be heard for miles
because it is carried by the morning mists. The tunnels of overhanging trees
are beautiful as they present first an explosion of color and later a sugar-coated
wonderland. Of all the seasons, Fall is one of my four favorites.
Texas, where I have lived now for
most of my life, has eight unique climatic zones across an area of 268,581
square miles! Her winters are short, cold, dry, and windy; and it is partly
cloudy year-round. Over the course of the year, the temperature typically
varies from 36°F to 96°F and is rarely below 24°F or above 102°F, but this is
the time of year when we Texans are more than ready for some cooler weather. In
February we will change our minds about that.
Climate
change is a big deal these
days, but God’s promise is not a political football. “While the earth remains”
is an encouraging promise of moderation and peace. “Seedtime and harvest, and
cold and heat” is how God describes four very distinct and purposeful seasons.
While we may focus on the extremes, God presents us with the gift of seasonable
climate. "The Lord said in his heart." It is the inward resolve of
his will.” Climate does change! That is both its nature and purpose.
James 5:7-9
7 Be patient, then, brothers,
until the Lord's coming. See how the farmer waits for the land to yield its
valuable crop and how patient he is for the autumn and spring rains. You too, be patient and stand firm, because
the Lord's coming is near. NIV
Thank you, Lord, for your
inward resolve to grant us a refreshing throughout the year. AMEN
No comments:
Post a Comment