Pages

Tuesday, June 29, 2021

OF SUCH IS THE KINGDOM!

 

Tuesday, June 29, 2021

 

OF SUCH IS THE KINGDOM!

 

Luke 18:16

Suffer [allow and permit] little children to come unto me and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God.

 

           Irene and I are currently working in Vacation Bible School. Yesterday was Day 1 and we both came home with stories of blessings. Both of us are a bit brittle to be working with kids and the recovery time is longer than it used to be but the rewards are surprising.

 

           Irene tells the story of a little girl who brought her a chair when her knee was growing weak. It was a spontaneous act of kindness that we sometimes ignore in children. Of such is the Kingdom!

 

           Asher was a little boy too young to join his brothers at VBS, but I met him and his mother at the close of the day. Asher means “happy”, and I am sure he brought happiness to his mother and dad. Bright eyed and curious, I had seen him running and chasing his mom out on the lawn. Of such is the kingdom!

 

           Jesus took a “kid break” when He and the disciples were busy and troubled with adult stuff. “And he took them up in his arms, put his hands upon them, and blessed them.” (Mark 10:16)

 

Lord, give me the reward of being with children today. Let me have the attitude of Jesus with them. Let me smile and be a kid again. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment