Pages

Friday, February 5, 2021

CHOICES HAVE CONSEQUENCES!

 

Friday, February 5, 2021

 

CHOICES HAVE CONSEQUENCES!

 

Gen 13:9

9 [Abraham said:] Is not the whole land before thee? separate thyself, I pray thee, from me: if thou wilt take the left hand, then I will go to the right; or if thou depart to the right hand, then I will go to the left. KJV

 

           Christmas is not so far gone that we can’t remember old mossback George Bailey who worked hard for what seemed little reward. He had dreams and would have been like the crusty Mr. Potter who cared for nobody but himself. Oh, and he kept Uncle Billy’s money. As far as we know it was never recovered or needed because the film concludes with a laundry basket full of cash and Clarence getting his wings.

 

           Choices that we make tend to guide us. Events are set in motion that can’t be stopped – unless another choice is made. Abraham seems foolish when he offers his kin the choice of either rocky mountain crags or lush green pastures. For the shepherd, the choice was a “no brainer.” Later we see that Lot suffered because of his choice.

 

           If God frustrates our plans, our first response is disappointment and anger but perhaps we should be thankful instead. Who is better suited to guide us than the Good Shepherd?

 

Jer 10:23

23 O Lord, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps.

 

Ps 23:6

6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever.

 

Gentle Shepherd, I am not wise enough to choose my own path. If I chance upon the right way then confirm it. If I choose foolishly then, please, cancel my choice and redirect my steps. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment