Pages

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

IN THE PRESENCE OF MY ENEMIES!

IN THE PRESENCE OF MY ENEMIES!

Ps 23:5
5 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.

           This verse expresses, through symbolism, great truths. The picture is of a great banquet lavishly prepared by one who is not in the least taxed by the preparations. Every dainty and every delight are present on the table. The enemy is nearby watching but unable to eat from the table because he has been uninvited and unable to reach me with violence because I am safely guarded.

           Today many troubles may come your way but the greater troubles will be kept at bay by a guarding God. You are very blessed by a God who traded His Son’s life for yours. Though you are imperfect you are favored and given portions of the inheritance of the Prince. One might thing it would have been better to remove the enemy but he is still present. My table is a treat for me and a taunt for him.

Ps 23:6
6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me [“run after and chase me”] all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.

Dear Lord, you are the Host of my table and my personal Guard. I am loved with a prejudice and preference. Today I will rest in your provision and your protection. Thank you Lord! AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment