Pages

Thursday, June 16, 2011

HE IS THE DOOR KEEPER!

HE IS THE DOOR KEEPER!

Rev 3:7-8
7 And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write; These things saith he that is holy, he that is true, he that hath the key of David, he that openeth, and no man shutteth; and shutteth, and no man openeth;
8 I know thy works: behold, I have set before thee an open door, and no man can shut it: for thou hast a little strength, and hast kept my word, and hast not denied my name.

           Jesus has the “key of David.” He can open the kingdom to whomever he pleases or keep it shut. If He chooses to open a door then no man can shut it. If he keeps the door closed then no man can open it. I apply that to God’s control of what I might call opportunities.

           I need a doorkeeper who is wise enough to guide me through the most appropriate ones for me. What if I walk through a door that should have been kept closed for me? I would enter a room I should not enter. Two wrongs would be the result of my mistake. First I would be where I should not be and, second, I would not be where I should be. Paul struggled with just such decisions.

Acts 16:7
7 And when they had come opposite Mysia, they tried to go into Bithynia, but the Spirit of Jesus did not permit them. AMPLIFIED

           We can only speculate about Paul’s feeling of frustration because his plans had been rejected. God had other things in mind for him. Some of the most frustrating times in my life have been spent standing before closed doors. I wonder what God is planning. Why the delay? My mind understands that God knows best but my spirit often frets. Fortunately we see Paul sufficiently yielded to God’s direction that he was able to abandon his own. Standing before God’s open door he obediently walks through it.

           We can trust God to both open and to close the doors in our life because He is holy and true! The word holy is from the Greek hagios which means physically pure and morally blameless. The word true is from the Greek alethinos which means truthful and not concealing. Whatever God has for me will be morally pure. He will not hide from me anything that should be revealed.

           Today you may approach a closed door but do not try to open it yourself. Wait for the door keeper. If he opens a door for you, even though it may be a door to a mysterious and fearful room, obediently walk through it. He knows what He is doing.

Dear Lord, thank you for keeping the doors of my life. Help me to not fret impatiently before the closed doors. Give me the strength to walk through those doors that you open for me. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment