Pages

Monday, March 3, 2014

HE STRAIGHTENS CROOKED PATHS!


HE STRAIGHTENS CROOKED PATHS!


Isa 42:16
16 And I will bring the blind by a way that they knew not; I will lead them in paths that they have not known: I will make darkness light before them, and crooked things straight. These things will I do unto them, and not forsake them.


          What makes a crooked road? The answer is obstacles and opportunities! We’ve all seen serpentine mountain roads climbing to the summit. We have seen country roads that follow a crooked path and we wonder why some engineer did not survey a straighter path.

          Obstacles that are too big or too heavy cause our paths to wind and twist. Our road often follows the path of least resistance because we are not equipped with the tools to remove the obstructions. Sometimes destinations are changed! What stands in your way this morning? What is planted and rooted so deeply that you have to go around it? Why has God allowed this “thing” to stand in the way of your progress? Trust God to make your path straight.

          Opportunities also cause us to venture from our path. Moses “turned aside” to see a burning bush  and his life was forever changed because of it. Never become so busy or so structured that you can’t visit a wayside market. Sometimes opportunities do not knock; they just sit there by the side of the road.

          Always keep your eye on the destination. I love talking to people whose lives have been changed because of an encounter with Jesus. Some very unlikely candidates have become some of God’s choicest servants. Moses was a murderer and Paul persecuted the church but both were changed by a meeting with God.


He Leadeth Me

Sometimes mid scenes of deepest gloom,
Sometimes where Eden's bowers bloom,
By waters still, over troubled sea,
Still 'tis His hand that leadeth me.

He leadeth me, He leadeth me,
By His own hand He leadeth me;
His faithful follower I would be,
For by His hand He leadeth me.

Lord, I do not yet know whether today’s path will be crooked or straight. I am trusting you to lead me in the way I am to go. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment