Pages

Sunday, April 3, 2022

WORSHIP TAKES TIME!

 

Sunday, April 3, 2022

 

WORSHIP TAKES TIME!

 

Luke 10:41-42

41 And Jesus answered and said unto her, Martha, Martha, thou art careful and troubled about many things:

42 But one thing is needful: and Mary hath chosen that good part, which shall not be taken away from her.

 

          We usually join Jesus in condemning Martha’s whiny attitude but I suspect Martha simply wanted to trade places with her sister. Martha wanted to sit at the feet of Jesus as well – or instead. The harder she worked the more she missed the sweet fellowship her sister enjoyed with the Master.

 

          I also understand that when I use the word “worship” today many people get a vision of five guitars and a set of drums, but the word worship has been hijacked. Worship is adoration of God regardless of its manifestation. Mary simply sat near Jesus and engaged in quiet conversation. While she worshipped, she had stopped working.

 

          Many of you are so busy right now that worship has been crowded out. Like Martha, you miss it but there are things to be done. Graduations, Memorial Day weekend, and the start of Summer has you in a frenzy. But it is worship you long for and worship you need.

 

Ps 27:4

4 One thing have I desired of the Lord, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the Lord, and to inquire in his temple.

 

Dear Lord, give me wisdom enough to differentiate between the urgent things and the good things. Let me make worship a priority. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment