Pages

Saturday, April 2, 2022

IF I COULD JUST TOUCH HIM!

 

Saturday, April 2, 2022

 

IF I COULD JUST TOUCH HIM!

 

Luke 8:46-47

46 And Jesus said, Somebody hath touched me: for I perceive that virtue is gone out of me.

47 And when the woman saw that she was not hid, she came trembling, and falling down before him, she declared unto him before all the people for what cause she had touched him and how she was healed immediately.

 

          There was a sick woman who had tried everything to gain healing to no avail. She thought “If I could only touch the hem of His garment, I would be made whole.” So, she did! She sneaked up on him and put out a finger and touched His clothes. Her condition was healed immediately!

 

          The disciples marveled because a huge crowd was “touching” Jesus. None of those were changed! The difference for the sick woman was that Jesus felt a loss of power.

 

          The word “virtue” is the Greek dunamis which is the same word used in God’s promise of power in Acts 1:8. Dunamis is the basis for our word dynamite. Jesus felt the loss of strength. Every act of ministry causes a loss to the one ministering. Jesus had unlimited resources, but we do not. We need to be occasionally recharged.

 

Dear Lord, let me never hesitate to come to you with my needs. Thank you for your limitless resource of virtue and power. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment