Pages

Monday, April 18, 2022

GUIDE ME!

 

Monday, April 18, 2022

 

GUIDE ME!

 

Ps 31:3

3 For thou art my rock and my fortress; therefore, for thy name's sake lead me, and guide me.

 

Believers sense the need of guidance from God. Since our conversion we have a connection with the invisible world. There is a silent, unseen partner who both urges us on and restrains our movements. Our rest is often interrupted by a strong urge to move along, and our hectic activity is sometimes brought to an abrupt halt by circumstance and a sense of caution. This is guidance and this is what we need.

 

Solomon would soon be king instead of his father David and he felt a strong need of guidance. He felt ill-equipped to lead and he appealed to his Leader.

 

1 Kings 3:7-10

7 And now, O LORD my God, thou hast made thy servant king instead of David my father: and I am but a little child: I know not how to go out or come in.

8 And thy servant is in the midst of thy people which thou hast chosen, a great people, that cannot be numbered nor counted for multitude.

9 Give therefore thy servant an understanding heart to judge thy people, that I may discern between good and bad: for who is able to judge this thy so great a people?

10 And the speech pleased the Lord, that Solomon had asked this thing.

 

Perhaps you sense a strong need of guidance today.  Maybe you have a strong sense of God’s movement, that He is preparing you for something you are not yet aware. What you need and want is guidance.

 

Isa 30:21

21 And thine ears shall hear a word behind thee, saying, This is the way, walk ye in it, when ye turn to the right hand, and when ye turn to the left.

 

Dear Lord, I sense the rustling of your feet. Lead me in a plain path. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment