Pages

Saturday, April 13, 2024

THE LOST COIN – DREAM

 

Saturday, April 13, 2024

 

THE LOST COIN – DREAM

 

Luke 15:7-9

7 I say unto you, that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repenteth, more than over ninety and nine just persons, which need no repentance.

8 Either what woman having ten pieces of silver, if she lose one piece, doth not light a candle, and sweep the house, and seek diligently till she find it?

9 And when she hath found it, she calleth her friends and her neighbours together, saying, Rejoice with me; for I have found the piece which I had lost.

 

          Let me tell you about the dream I had last night. It seems I was with a group of older men, and we were having breakfast at some small-town diner. I was a minister in just such a small town for quite a long time. The coffee is hot, and the smell is of bacon and other things but mostly bacon and coffee. Diners such as these do not cause men to rise early just for the biscuits. No, these diners serve men who have been up for some time.

 

          We were leaving the diner, and one of my friends asked if I had seen the quarter peaking up out of the mud left by some truck tire. I looked and, sure enough, there was a coin sticking half out and half in the mud. I picked it up and cleaned it off. I wasn’t rich but I was now richer.

 

          Now, learn the lessons of the lost coin. Always be on the lookout for the value in men. You may need to scan the muddy places to find them and when you have found them you may need to help them clean up.

 

1 Cor 6:9-11

9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,

10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

11 And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

 

Thank you, Lord, that someone saw me half in and half out of the mud. Someone saw value in me and stooped to rescue me from the mire and clean me up. Now I am washed and justified in the name of the Lord Jesus. Let me be always watchful for the value in men. AMEN

 

No comments:

Post a Comment