Pages

Tuesday, April 2, 2024

I MAKE ALL THINGS NEW!

 

Tuesday, April 2, 2024

 

I MAKE ALL THINGS NEW!

 

Rev 21:5

5 And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.

 

I awoke again this morning with the wonderful thought that all that I am will one day be made new. The body first demanded attention because of various aches and pains but next the mind understood that it needed refreshing and then the spirit finally acknowledged its need of revival. Stubborn spirit!

 

A new BODY

 

This earthly vehicle which carries the true me is wearing out. The knowledge of that fact can cause disappointment, even anger, but one day it will be made new.

 

Rev 21:4

4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

 

A new MIND

 

The mind seems to be the devil’s playground, hiding false motives and evil intentions. The steel teeth behind the smile lurk in the mind. There is often a hidden motive behind even good deeds. Yes, the mind needs a renewal.

 

Ezek 11:5

 I know the things that come into your mind, every one of them.

 

Rom 12:2

2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind , that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

 

Eph 4:23-24

23 And be renewed in the spirit of your mind;

24 And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.

 

A new SPIRIT

 

The Greek word for “spirit” in the following verse is the word pneuma and means the rational soul.

 

2 Cor 2:12-13

12 Furthermore, when I came to Troas to preach Christ's gospel, and a door was opened unto me of the Lord,

13 I had no rest in my spirit, because I found not Titus my brother:

 

So, we rightly sing: “My soul in sad exile was out on life’s sea, so burdened by sin and distressed. Then I heard a sweet voice saying, ‘make me your choice’ and I entered the haven of rest.”

 

Dear Lord, thank you that one day salvation will make all things new. AMEN

 

No comments:

Post a Comment