Pages

Wednesday, December 11, 2013

A PLACE BY HIM!

Thursday, December, 12, 2013

A PLACE BY HIM!

And the Lord said, Behold, there is a place by me, and thou shalt stand upon a rock: (Exodus 33:21)

           Moses was leading a stubborn people across a barren land! He had a need and a desire to see the Lord. Actually the specific request was to see the Lords glory! (Verse 18) God was quick to explain that no one had seen his face and lived, but I don't think Moses cared much about that at this time. 

          It was at this time that God told Moses much more than he actually said! The word "place" in verse 21 actually is the word "standing". God told Moses that he had status with him, it was a privileged position! When the going gets tough, I want to be standing by the Lord.

          First of all God placed Moses on the rock and then he placed him in the rock! Being on the rock provided a sure footing, but being in the rock provided protection and security. That security was made even stronger by God's own covering hand! Friend there is a place by The Lord. It is a sure place and it is a safe place.

Psalm 27:5 For in the time of trouble he shall hide me in his pavilion: in the secret of his tabernacle shall he hide me; he shall set me up upon a rock.

Ron Abbott
Calvary Baptist Church
ron_abbott@sbcglobal.net
Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment