Pages

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

GRACE AND PEACE!


GRACE AND PEACE!

2 Peter 1:2
2 Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord,


          Peter introduced his second general epistle with the above prayer. We give it little notice but in this greeting we find two urgently needed gifts. The first is grace which is the Greek word charis and means: “the divine influence upon the heart, and its reflection in the life.” Peter wanted his readers to experience divine influence upon their hearts.

          Grace is divine favor or help. If it is God’s purpose to build maturity and responsibility in us, then His workings of grace may appear as trials. Yet the divine influence upon the heart can’t be denied. During these difficult times we know that God is at work. The circumstances may be hard but we know the outcome will be good because God is good. If God is working in my life the result will be beneficial to me.

          Peace is more than lack of conflict. It is a deep internal calm associated with grace. The more I perceive God’s influence upon my heart the more peaceful I become. Circumstances may demand every ounce of my strength but, if I can sense God’s presence and purpose, peace works alongside me. It is in these times I know intuitively that I am accomplishing something; that real work is being done. I can feel myself maturing and moving from one level to another.

          Let us not waste the opportunities God has given us to mature! The gracious, divine influence upon our hearts is meant to produce peace. God can’t build our character without our cooperation. If we do not pass this current test we will be destined to repeat the class until a certain quality of character is born in us.

Gal 6:9
9 And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.

Dear Lord, please apply the ointment of grace and peace as we apply ourselves to spiritual maturity. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment