Saturday, October 3, 2026
LONGING FOR JESUS!
Song 3:1-2
3 By
night on my bed I sought him whom my soul loveth: I sought him,
but I found him not.
2 I will
rise now, and go about the city in the streets, and in the broad ways I will
seek him whom my soul loveth: I sought him, but I found him not.
Not
many teachers will venture into the Song of Solomon because it is an
intimate love story that can cause both teacher and student to blush. Here, the
Shunamite has had a dream about her lover and begins a search to find him. She
leaves the security of her home and roams the streets asking the watchmen, but
they have not seen him either. Eventually she finds him and will not let
him go!
Four
times, once in each of the first four verses, she describes
him as “he whom my soul loveth.” This reveals the depth of the Shunamite’s love
for Solomon. Married love should never lose this kind of romance.
This
morning I awoke with a longing to connect with my Jesus. I
study Him as part of my craft. I serve Him as part of my calling
but this morning I sought him as my deep desire. The Christian heart
should never lose this kind of romance. I was reminded of an old chorus sung as
a child in church.
Longing for Jesus
Longing, longing for Jesus
I have a longing
In my heart for Him
Just to be near Him
To feel His presence
I have a longing
In my heart for Him
Dear Lord, satisfy the longing of every searching heart.
AMEN
No comments:
Post a Comment