Tuesday, September 15, 2026
NOT PERFECT
Heb 13:5
5 Let your conversation [Greek
tropos = manner of living] be without covetousness; and be
content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never
leave thee, nor forsake thee.
Everything in my life is not perfect..
But I am still learning that my contentment is about relationships and
especially my relationship with Christ.
Dr.
Charles Stanley
defines contentment as: “Accepting God's sovereign control over all of life's
circumstances.” Ah, there it is! And it is nice to know that Jesus agrees with
Stanley!
John 16:33
33 These things I have spoken
unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have
tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
Now Thank We All Our God
Words: Martin Rinkart
Music: "Nun Danket"
by Johann Crüger; harmony by Felix Mendelssohn
Now thank we all our God, with
heart and hands and voices,
Who wondrous things have done,
in Whom this world rejoices;
Who from our mothers' arms has
blessed us on our way
With countless gifts of love,
and still is ours today.
O may this bounteous God
through all our life be near us,
With ever joyful hearts and
blessed peace to cheer us;
And keep still in grace, and
guide us when perplexed;
And free us from all ills, in
this world and the next.
Lord, things in my life are not
perfect. Let me rest in your perfection and be content. AMEN
No comments:
Post a Comment