Pages

Sunday, March 3, 2024

THE COMFORTER!

 

Sunday, March 3, 2024

 

THE COMFORTER!

 

John 14:16

16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;

 

The New Testament was originally written in Greek and Strong’s concordance tells us that the word which is translated COMFORTER is parakletos which means an intercessor or consoler.

 

Many images fill my mind as I think of the word comforter. I think of the cool hand of my mother on my fevered brow and the softness of her kiss on my face as she tucks the covers up around my neck. It almost made it worth it to be sick! Such is the ministry of the Holy Spirit to His people. In the world we are assured of tribulation accompanied by the comfort of knowing that God had overcome the world.

 

John 14:26

26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

 

The Holy Spirit is a travelling tutor for holy things. We have no need to be ignorant of the things of God because the teacher travels with us. The uncomfortable fact is that we do not always listen to our Teacher. We resist the truth, grieve, and quench His efforts to comfort and instruct us. But when we yield to His guidance, we find him to be the intercessor and consoler that we need.

 

Dear Lord, thank you for the ministry of the Holy Spirit in my life. AMEN

 

No comments:

Post a Comment