Pages

Wednesday, February 14, 2024

PERFECT LOVE

 

Wednesday, February 14, 2024

 

PERFECT LOVE

 

1 John 4:17-19

17 Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world.

18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.

19 We love him, because he first loved us.

 

          The picture, above, is a snapshot of Irene and me on the back patio of Missionary, David Rohr’s house in Brazil. We had been invited to visit and speak at several events there. It seems like ages ago! The lady with me is Irene, my wife, and the love of my life. Partners in ministry! We still love kids, and they seem to like us.

 

          A pastor friend of mine said he met his wife on a blind date and married her six months later. That seemed mighty fast until I counted on my fingers and discovered that it was about the same span of time for me and Irene. We met in January 1968 and had our first nervous date around Valentines Day. We were married in July. That was 56 years ago.

 

          I was twelve years old when Jesus saved me and gave me eternal life. He loved me and His Word says it is an everlasting love (Jeremiah 31:3). I have given him many opportunities to abandon me, but he never has. I am now retired from active pastoral ministry and Jesus still loves me though I have fewer responsibilities.  We now sit together and observe.

 

Song 8:7

7 Many waters cannot quench love, neither can the floods drown it: if a man would give all the substance of his house for love, it would utterly be contemned [despised].

 

Dear Lord, thank you for the gift of my wife and the unspeakable gift of eternal life. AMEN

 

No comments:

Post a Comment