Pages

Saturday, March 20, 2021

TERMS OF ENDEARMENT!

 

Saturday, March 20, 2021

 

TERMS OF ENDEARMENT!

 

Song 2:10-13

10 My beloved spake, and said unto me, Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away.

11 For, lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone;

12 The flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land;

13 The fig tree putteth forth her green figs, and the vines with the tender grape give a good smell. Arise, my love, my fair one, and come away. KJV

 

           When is the last time you heard a sermon from Song of Solomon? Exactly! It is so intimate as to be almost embarrassing. We excuse ourselves and slip away to give the couple some privacy.

 

           We quickly understand that Jesus is King of Kings and Lord of Lords. We know Him to be both Lamb and Lion, but do we know Him as the loving husband of the bride? Are we intimate with Him?

 

           Our casual culture has reduced not only the majesty of God but the terms of endearment as well. God is now our copilot and the Man Upstairs, but seldom is he our beloved!

 

Song 2:16

16 My beloved is mine, and I am his: he feedeth among the lilies. KJV

 

Beloved Lord, remind me that ours is not a theological discussion but a relationship of love. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment