Pages

Saturday, March 17, 2018

ANOTHER COMFORTER!


ANOTHER COMFORTER!

John 14:16-18
16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;
17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.
18 I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.

           How I miss my mother who could always kiss away the little boy hurts and make it all better. The science of a mother’s kiss is hard to reconcile with genuine medicine but no one can refute its magic.

           The little boy hurts have grown up to become big boy hurts. The standard medicine is a stiff upper lip but internally I still long for someone to kiss it and make it all better. Jesus seemed to understand that early and made us a wonderful promise. “I will not leave you without a comforter!”

           The Sweet Holy Spirit has come to stay with me forever. Dr. Charles Stanley said: "I have learned that you can have a pain in your heart and a settled peace in your soul at the same time." So give your pain to Jesus and He will give you his peace.

Thank you Lord for the peace that passes understanding. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment